Thursday, February 16, 2017

Week 2

On Monday I met with Dr. Kramer and we went over the sources I have been using for my information on the six different crown materials. My new task is to find articles that specifically deal with cementing protocols for zirconia and lithium distillate crowns. To aid my research and enhance my understanding of what a research paper at this level reads like, Dr. Kramer gave me a sample paper on dental materials that a student wrote for his class along with a large packet of sources that I can sort through.  Tomorrow I am going to set up a dropbox so I can communicate with him easier as I start writing and come across certain sources that I think could be beneficial to my research. We set a goal for next Thursday to have an initial reference collection review, where we will share our narrowed down sources and talk about the sections in each that have relevant data to use. Dr. Kramer also gave me the number of a dentist who has a practice right down the street from Midwestern. This dentist owns a CAD/CAM that helps design the crowns right there in the office. This will be a great opportunity for me to shadow him to see the zirconia and lithium disilicate crowns being used first hand. I have had a great second week!

No comments:

Post a Comment